Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Swaps + Finds




Finally, I've got round to photographing my finds from the Flea market I went to a few weeks ago. 
1. I loved these old wooden bobbins with the pretty silk threads. I wish they still made them of wood. 
2. The heinz bag was a must have, and at £1, I also felt a complete bargain! 
3. The mosaic brooch was my most expensive purchase of the day, but I love it. I have a few mosaic brooches, but I have never seen one like this before. So summery and floral. Brilliant patterns! 
4. Lastly, I got some letterpress trays. I bought one 3 years ago in Edinburgh. Recently, I decided I would like one for our bathroom, so I have been on a bit of a hunt. (They are all ridiculously expensive these days.) Well,  I ended up with 4 slightly moldy looking ones! However, I do like a challenge, and at £5 for four...who could say no! Old and moldy...to clean and beautiful with a lot of wire wool, arm cramps and bleach mix in between... But they are finally clean, hoorah! 




My lovely swap came from Lizzy Stewart. She is a fourth year Illustration student at Edinburgh College of Art, and producing some fantastic work. Here are a couple of the prints she sent me. She also has an etsy shop where you can buy her lovely work. 

From what I have seen of this years fourth year, I have to say they are all very good, I'm impressed. Lindsay Gime is another one to look out for! She has also illustrated a book for Serafina Press, 'The Pirate Kings of Eyemouth'.

Which reminds me... the pages have been scanned, colour tests done, and discs sent to the printers. I am hoping in the not too distant future to be seeing a copy of 'The Sea Dancer at St. Abbs' in it's full technicolour illustrated glory!