Monday, 23 August 2010

Swaps and gifts


It's always nice to swap work now and then. Here are some of my recent swaps.
The amazing knitted moustache is from Louise Smurthwaite. She sells these beauties at the Marchmont Gallery in Edinburgh in a variety of styles and colours. ( I'm sure if you asked her nicely she would knit one in any colour you like. I got her to do this candy cane stripe! Wow!)


The scarf was a swap with Hannah Widmann. She is an incredible knitter, and knits beautiful shawls, socks, and hats, amongst other things. She knitted me this yellow shawl, ooo!


Hmmm, there are a lot of woollen products here, I think I must be getting in a wintery mood! In return for the shawl, I painted a mug for Hannah, with a little bit of a knitting theme!


I've also recently received this lovely print by Emily Sutton. I used to work in the Zillah Bell gallery, so she sent me this print as a gift. I went to College with Emily, and she produces some stunning work. Check out her website. I'd better get on with doing some printing to return the favour!